“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” —Eleanor Roosevelt Wouldn’t it be great if there were just one character of real substance in the fading female pantheon of Sex and the City ? Say, someone like Eleanor Roosevelt? I started fantasizing about adding a fifth woman, one who is smart and curious, after seeing the once feisty foursome from Manhattan become rich-girl caricatures in the utterly lame Sex and the City 2 , released Thursday. This film officially ends the era when Sex and the City was culturally relevant. The zipper is broken, the heel has snapped, the Botox has hit the brain . I just wish a character who is wise and focused on a world outside her own desires could have joined this most recent blast of bling and couture to leave long-term devotees with any message other than aging is depressing, marriage is depressing, children are depressing, and complaining about all three relentlessly is boring. This is why Sex and the City is still saucy, but it’™s no longer subversive. Each episode of the TV show centered on four independent women, three of whom loved men but were not really interested in… Read full this story
- This Plan Could Make New York City's Streets Not Suck
- New York City's police union is calling for a boycott of Quentin Tarantino movies
- Inside the story of the Sunday Bomber, the New York City terrorist that was never caught
- What are New York City schools teaching teens about sex? No one really knows.
- Why a New York City politician is fighting for free tampons
- Is Dumping New York City a 'Girl Thing'?
- This documentary about female Palestinian race car drivers is your new must-see movie
- New York City Crime Has Hit Record Lows, Proving Jeff Sessions Wrong Again
- Photos: This Was New York City During The Massive 2003 Blackout
- New York City Appeals Court Affirms Gay Employees' Right to Sue for Discrimination
New 'Sex and the City' Movie Is Cartoonish, Lame have 317 words, post on www.newsweek.com at May 25, 2010. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.