The Naked CIO is back – and raising the tricky issue of how IT managers can make the transition to being taken seriously as strategists. Some of you may have noticed my absence from silicon.com. Like many people in many professions, I have had a challenging few months but happily I am now where I want to be and leading IT for exactly the sort of company I have dreamed of. So down to business. I had a chat with a friend the other day. One of a handful of people who I consider are among the best talent the UK has in technology management. Truthfully, I owe him a great deal and have hired him on numerous occasions. I trust him unconditionally, which is rare indeed. He has been a de facto CIO for a while for a growing UK business without being granted the title. The CEO now believes the business needs a top-level position. My friend has been invited to apply but has been warned that he may not be experienced enough to fill the role. His deficiencies are that he lacks experience with strategy and hands-on application development. How many times have we all heard that?… Read full this story
- Girls strip naked on webcams for monthly cash
- The effective IT application experiences from CIOs
- CIO Awards: Improvements in Business and Leadership Recognised
- The naked truth… or is it a lie?
- Managers must improve skills when working with subordinates, HR expert tells Vietnamese leaders
- The power of ideas
- ‘The US wants strategic partnership with Vietnam'
- The weapons the U.S. needs for a war it doesn’t want
- Businesses asked to complete ICT strategy
- Deloitte thinks big with new strategy
Naked CIO: Want ideas on strategy? Ask the IT manager have 279 words, post on www.techrepublic.com at May 24, 2010. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.