Usually the condition isn’t life threatening, but can interfere with a person’s daily activities that are of a routine nature. If you are experiencing panic attacks or know someone who is close to you that has them. Here are tips on how you may be able to control them.
When a person is having an episode they can experience a number of symptoms that include racing and pounding of the heart. They may also have a shortness of breath. Becoming weak and nauseated is another symptom. They may even experience extreme dizziness. When they have these symptoms it could be scary and resemble a life threatening event.
Other common symptoms are they may start hyperventilating, get the chills and break out in a sweat, have hot flashes, stomach pains, discomfort feeling in the chest, headaches, and having a difficult time swallowing.
There is no known evidence to determine the exact root cause of panic attacks. Scientifically, it could be brought on by a number of things. It could be hereditary or brought on by constantly being under stressful situations.
Depression or death of someone close to an individual could be a cause. Extreme life situation changes or coming up in an abusive environment or being involved in a traumatic or violent event may bring on panic attacks.
Panic attacks typically last up to an hour. Some with severe conditions could experience an attack for an entire day. Since there is really no rhyme or reason as to why these occur, it is best to consult your health care provider if you experience these symptoms. They will be able to recommend a treatment program to relieve your condition.
- ISIS could be responsible for 2 chemical weapon attacks in Iraq: Kurdish forces
- 'Tripping out at therapy centre to treat depression gave me new moments of joy'
- Greta Thunberg in America: The Climate Activist vs. World Leaders
- How to Cope With the Current News Cycle as a Sexual Abuse Survivor
- Leavitt slams the door
- Officials fear growing violence from financial crisis
- Kyle Snyder Is The Perfect Wrestler
- 22 predictions for social media in 2019
- Prime and punishment
- 25 Best Sci Fi Movies On Netflix For The Science Fiction Fanatic