The Maharaja’s TrainThe Golden Chariot is one of India’s famed luxury trains that were built for royal use and have since been adapted for tourists. Because it was built as transport for the maharajas, the interior of the Golden Chariot is more like a palace than a train. India has a proud tradition of railway travel and this is one of the jewels in the Raj crown available for you to enjoy.You’ll spend the first night of your eleven day itinerary in the Taj West end hotel. Behind its palm-shaded, elegant white archways and pillars, lies an airy, stylish and understated decor. Above all, it’s comfortable here, so you can prepare yourself to explore the first of the cities on the tour: Bangalore.In Bangalore you’ll be taken to the gardens of Lal Bagh, where you’ll find a glasshouse as pretty as the botany it shelters, especially when it is lit at night. A visit to St Mark’s Cathedral is on the schedule, and also the Vidhana Soudha, an impressively grandiose piece of architecture that is home for the regional legislative assembly.After a full day in Bangalore, you will be ready for your first meal on the Golden Chariot and then… Read full this story
- India monsoon: 110 dead after heavy rainfall in Maharashtra
- DNA Exclusive: Is Chinese President Xi Jinping's rare visit to Tibetan town near Arunachal Pradesh a message to India?
- Pune health matters: Lokmanya hospital’s life-saving limb surgery; Smile Train announces launch of CLCs in India
- Top Trends Shaping Luxury Home Buying
- Pandemic spurs demand for luxury villas, farmhouses
- Harry Kane's £160m Man City risk following long line of big-money Premier League flops
- Heavy downpour batters Mumbai, several areas waterlogged- Check local train, traffic updates here
- Neither the Will nor the Cash: Why India Wins So Few Olympic Medals
- India’s medal count at Tokyo Olympics: More than 2 but not double-digit
- IMD predicts heavy rain over Telangana for next 48 hours, issues red alert for several districts
See the Cities of India by Luxury Train - The Golden Chariot have 330 words, post on ezinearticles.com at June 11, 2009. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.