The Market Makers We base our very survival on our ability to use and accumulate money. So its rules and characteristics can’t help but seep into our thinking and behaviors as individuals, as businesses, and as a society. advertisement advertisement The more we accept its use, the more we think of our centrally issued money as a natural player in the economy rather than a particular tool with particular biases. But over the centuries of its use, the inﬂuence of our money over our interactions has been demonstrated time and time again: a scarce currency designed in favor of competitive corporate behavior will promote such behavior in those who use it. This is not magic; the money is not possessed. It’s just biased toward the interests of those in a position to make money by storing it rather than spending it. It’s money for capitalists. And they had better use it as it was designed or they’ll end up on the wrong side of the currency equation themselves. Our prevailing ignorance about the bias of the money we use undermines our best efforts at making the economy work better for the many or even the few. Businesses believe they are… Read full this story
- China Railway Express in Chengdu boosts regional economy
- Food delivery drivers struggle to make ends meet in gig economy, with little time for work-life balance
- Struggle in store for economy as People's Republic of China turns 70
- Durga Puja economy is worth Rs 1 lakh cr!
- Breakingviews - Hadas: Good economy helps with climate change
- Bangladesh: A small tiger economy with big plans
- The problem with the economy is much deeper
- Patients across Europe are waiting MONTHS for life-saving medications including vaccines, insulin and heart disease drugs due to production issues at Asian factories
- How to breathe life into dead malls
- E-mail that changed life of Anees Salim's literary agent Kanishka Gupta
Life, Inc. Chapter Seven: From Ecology To Economy have 312 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at June 10, 2009. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.