Beijing is a well-known transportation hub in northern China with a well-developed transportation system. As an inland city, there are several methods of transportation from which to choose to get to Beijing: plane, train and long-distance bus. It is home to some of the most stunning architectural wonders in the world. The Imperial residences and parks such as the Forbidden City and Summer Palace never fail to awe visitors with their grandeur and Scale, military fortifications such and the Great Wall and City Gates humble visitors with their sheer scale, the walled hutongs which have been home to Its residents for centuries never fail to surprise visitors with what lies around the next corner. It is indeed an ideal place to visit all round the year.Beijing is also a very cosmopolitan city with a very large foreign community (all the embassies and many of the major foreign companies and multinationals are located here). There is no shortage of cultural and entertainment activities, ranging from local punk bands to international operatic events. It is also considering a regional pollution-prevention-and-control mechanism to clean up the air for the Olympics. This includes information sharing and feedback systems such as pollution source monitoring and… Read full this story
- +++ New Year's 2019 around the world - live updates +++
- Concern over rise in dark tourism in Syria as war enters ninth year
- 'What you hear about Chinese people in France feeling scared – it’s true'
- Will the Olympics offer Brazil a way out of crisis or add to its burden?
- Daring developer Hines made his mark on city
- Female basketball player with world’s longest legs slams British TV bosses for only caring about her record 4ft 3in pins
- Mr Modi, be wary of the Chinese!
- Inflatable Frog Censored After Comparisons to China's Ex-Leader
- Special Report: How Hong Kong's greatest tycoon went from friend of China to punching bag
- How Hong Kong's greatest tycoon went from friend of China to punching bag
Famous Cities of the World - Beijing have 320 words, post on ezinearticles.com at June 24, 2009. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.