When Bill Burke won a lifetime achievement award from the American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers, the retired attorney wasn’t able to accept it in person, the would-be presenter tells the ABA Journal. That’s because Burke was climbing Mount Everest.Although he had to stop short of the fabled mountain’s summit on on two earlier efforts, the 67-year-old Californian reached the top on his third try late last month. He may be the oldest American to have successfully completed the climb, reports the Orange County Register.Meanwhile, another California lawyer, 53-year-old Brian Strange, also helped make history on Mount Everest at about the same time last month by reaching the summit with his climbing partner and 17-year-old son, Johnny Strange, the Polaris public relations agency tells the ABA Journal. They believe the 17-year-old is the youngest American ever to have scaled Everest. Johnny Strange will also be the youngest individual in the world to have completed the so-called seven summits, they believe, once he and his father scale Mount Kosciusko in Australia within the next week or so. Brian Strange focuses his Los Angeles law practice on class actions.Burke, a former practitioner at Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton and Shearman & Sterling,… Read full this story
- Magic put up tough fight in 4th quarter, still fall to record-setting Warriors
- Remembering O.J. Simpson’s record-setting moment, 40 years later
- Bayern chasing record-setting Dortmund in Bundesliga
- Everest climbing season in disarray after deaths
- Nepal will try to ease congestion on Mount Everest
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest disaster
- Jeopardy for two White House lawyers as impeachment inquiry zeroes in on them over Donald Trump's Ukraine call being rushed on to secret server after Purple Heart officer 'raised concerns'
- Frost sets NAU season scoring mark in big win
- Warriors need 4-0 finish to set record with 73 wins
- Following Nepal quake, climbers say Everest season is over
2 Calif. Lawyers Scale Everest in Possible Record-Setting Climbs have 308 words, post on www.abajournal.com at June 3, 2009. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.