Emeril Lagasse was born of a French Canadian father and Portuguese mother on Oct. 15, 1959 in Fall River Massachusetts. When he was a teenager in a shirt uniform working for a Portuguese bakery, he began to show interest in baking and cooking. When he was 14 years old he enrolled in a culinary arts program at the local vocational high school, where he also joined the school band as a percussionist, playing on the side at local banquets, dances, and religious festivals. When he graduated from high school, Emeril was offered full scholarship to the prestigious New England Conservatory of Music; however, he decided instead to follow the career of professional chef. He enrolled in Johnson and Wales University in Rhode Island, working in a local restaurant in order to pay his tuition. At this restaurant he met another student named Elizabeth Kief, whom he married after his graduation in fall 1978. Emeril traveled to France to polish his skill, working in Paris and Lyon before returning to the U.S. He spent the next years working in some of the Northeast’s finest restaurants.In 1982 Emeril put on a chef shirt as executive chef at the world-renowned Commander’s Palace restaurant… Read full this story
- Serena Williams and Alexis Ohanian marry in New Orleans in front of A-list guests
- Desert Island Chef: Grant Gordon of La P’tite Folie and Le Di-Vin wine bar in Edinburgh
- 'Dream come true' for sous chef who becomes youngest winner of Masterchef: The Professionals
- Chef accused of assault for 'spiking' vegan customer resigns from Carlini post: 'I'm deeply sorry'
- Chef Laura Goodman resigns after 'spiking' vegan customer: 'I'm deeply sorry'
- Desert Island Chef: Calum Runciman of The White Goose, Dundee
- Don't get in a pickle with preserving, says chef Jamie Scott
- Chef among stars of advice event
- ‘Foodie Britain’ is all about money claims Michelin-star chef
- Local restaurant chef in running for coveted award
Emeril Lagasse in Chef Apparel have 310 words, post on ezinearticles.com at May 15, 2009. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.