With such contradicting messages coming at us since childhood, how are we supposed to know whether the truth really hurts – or is honest really the best policy?It’s a tough choice and the consequences of getting it wrong are massive. We’ve all been there… Surely the occasional little white lie doesn’t hurt?We all tell little white lies, convincing ourselves that we’re being kind and that telling the truth would be somehow cruel.”We tell lies when we are afraid… afraid of what we don’t know, afraid of what others will think, afraid of what will be found out about us. But every time we tell a lie, the thing that we fear grows stronger.” – Tad WillaimsThe problem is that what starts off as a little white lie often has the habit of growing into a bigger, distinctly grey one. We can end up feeling guilty, stressed and too embarrassed to come clean. Then we’re stuck in the cycle of this ever-growing deception.”Telling the truth means never having to remember anything.” – Mark TwainMyth: Truth HurtsIt’s not finding out the truth that hurts. It’s finding out about the deception the truth exposes that hurts – not the truth itself.Could you make… Read full this story
- The truth hurts
- OPEC's reputation in D.C. is hurting. Qatar's exit will make it worse
- America's leaders make it too easy for spies to snoop on us
- What's missing from our list of 2018's best movies?
- The best of film 2018: The ballots
- Should I tell my kids the truth about their father?
- At 57, Boy George still gets weird looks — and his reaction to them makes total sense
- Lena Dunham says she's happier now at 162lbs than at 138lbs in 2017
- Melania Trump's sunny message in Africa at odds with US policy
- The 30 best things about this year's Stagecoach from Garth Brooks to pig candy-wrapped meatballs
Truth Hurts - Or is Honesty the Best Policy? Which Choice Will Make You Happier? have 312 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 22, 2009. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.