John: Ellen, you have been in the forefront of the stock world as far back as I remember. I first met you in the late 80’s. You owned After-Image, the first stock agency to carry my work. You sold After-Image to Tony Stone. Since that time you have broadened your range of experience in a number of ways. Can you catch us up to date on that range of experience?Ellen: One of my earliest memories of you, John, is bringing Sarah Stone to your office in SF in the late 1980s. You had a baby Mac and were just starting to play around with Photoshop. I remember you asked me if I knew where you could get some photos of clocks to put into your photos. Free or cheap photos…so you were on the cutting edge of needing microstock and didn’t even know it. Neither did I.Since those days I have worked at Corbis as Executive Editor, was the first employee at Artville’s photo collection after it was purchased by Image Bank, part of the initial team that started Workbookstock, was the first employee at UpperCut Images and had a brief and very unsatisfactory stint at SuperStock. Since 2006 I… Read full this story
- Shutterstock makes a $75 million bet that the future of photography won’t always involve cameras
- 101 Popular Trends From the Year You Were Born
- Meghan Markle stuns viewers of America’s Got Talent by sending a personal video message to finalist who spent 36 years in prison after he was wrongly convicted of rape
- Demi Lovato debuts blonde locks as she dazzles in a series of incredible gowns and jokes about getting 'unengaged' to Max Ehrich while hosting the People's Choice Awards
- Robinhood Banning GameStop Proves the Free Market Is a Lie
- Arlan Hamilton is building a new kind of VC
- Who owns Reddit?
- The sad, slow death of Lego Dimensions
- Google self-driving car engineer who stole 14,000 files of trade secrets before going to work for Uber is pardoned by Donald Trump
- Reddit co-founder resigns, requests black board member
Ellen Boughn and the Future of Stock Photography have 338 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 22, 2009. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.