One of the most well-known locations for a sub-tropical vacation is Sanibel Island. Florida beach resorts and vacation rentals conveniently place you in the midst of many different recreational activities that can get you moving, show you a new side of the island, or create the perfect opportunity to relax. You can fill your days with an assortment of different activities, or you can find your favorites and enjoy them at leisure.
Since most of the Florida beach resorts and vacation rentals are right along the beach, shelling is a beloved local activity that is actually more like an art form. You can enjoy the leisurely stroll, the soft grumbling of the ocean, and the beautiful scenery. Right before sunset or right after sunrise provides you with the perfect opportunity to enjoy the many colors as well as the ‘shell hunting’. For the best opportunity, go out after a storm or at low tide. Sand dollars and many other secret treasures wait.
If you want to cover more of the sights with a little less sand, a bike can be the ideal solution and a great way to wear off the effects of the area’s fine dining. The many paths make certain you don’t miss out on Sanibel Island’s best sites. There are several businesses in the area that allow you to rent bikes and even equipment for the beach in case you would like to stop along the way. Better yet, plan a quiet picnic at the water’s edge. Children are no obstacle either; jogging strollers and other equipment is also available.
Close to many of the Florida beach resorts and vacation rentals are fantastic golfing opportunities. Not only can you take in the area’s scenes and the sounds of the ocean, but you get to try your hand at beautifully designed courses. Several of them in the area also offer fantastic tennis courts for a different style of competition. Either way, you won’t be disappointed.
Marinas and Cruises
What would a stay at Florida beach resorts and vacation rentals be without a day out on the water? With guided cruises of the area, you can learn the history of the area as you enjoy your time on the water. For something a little different, consider a private charter and see the area exactly the way you want to with a customized, private tour. (Don’t forget to ask about Sanibel Island’s Lighthouse!)
While you are out on the water, you might want to try your hand at catching some of the local aquatic life. Whether you are a seasoned fisherperson or have never tried it in your life, you can still head out and attempt to catch a shark or one of the other species.
Sanibel Island holds some of the finest Florida beach resorts and vacation rentals conveniently located close to the area’s fantastic array of activities. It’s the ideal opportunity to make this holiday a vacation to remember.
- Airbnb Makes Debut in Google Vacation Rentals — For Now
- Premier Village Danang named “Southeast Asia Luxury Family Beach Resort” again
- Trump to host G7 summit at his Florida golf resort, sparking criticism
- Trump drops plan to host G7 summit at his Florida golf resort
- This new vacation rental site pulls together listings from across the internet
- Why your next vacation rental may look like a Wayfair catalog
- Revealed: How The Church of Scientology has doubled its footprint in the Florida beach town of Clearwater over the past three years spending $103million on properties
- Travel for Less: Tips for Booking Vacation Rentals
- Let August's Smart Lock secure your vacation rental
- 10 tips for decorating a vacation rental