President-elect Barack Obama is expected to announce his national security team Monday, and media reports reflect virtually unanimous praise for Obama’s selections. Hillary Clinton’s selection for State gets the most media attention, but ABC World News said that “Obama’s national security team is a who’s who of national figures,” with “not a shrinking violet in the bunch.” Robert Gates “will remain at the Pentagon for at least another year,” former deputy Attorney General Eric Holder “will be asked to return…as Attorney General,” and former NATO Commander General Jim Jones, “a chiseled Marine straight out of central casting, will be Obama’s choice for National Security Advisor.” NBC Nightly News noted Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano is expected to be the choice “to head Homeland Security and former Assistant Secretary of State and campaign adviser Susan Rice as UN ambassador, once again a cabinet-ranked position.” See US News & World Report to sign up to receive the daily Political Bulletin. The Politico reports Obama’s expected picks were “widely praised on the Sunday talk shows,” most notably by highly respected GOP Sen. Richard Lugar. GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham, on Fox News Sunday, said, “Gates is a great choice” who “led us through difficult times.” The… Read full this story
- More bad news for the Obamas as First Lady Michelle only ranks SEVENTH on Forbes Most Powerful Women list (but Sarah Palin falls off the list completely)
- Obama, Abe talk TPP — Froman presents Africa vision — Azevedo calls for success in Nairobi
- Warren’s K-12 plan draws ire of charter school advocates
- Giuliani Is Drawing Attention to Hunter Biden’s Work in Romania. But There’s a Problem.
- Rudy Giuliani is drawing attention to Hunter Biden’s work in Romania. But there’s a problem
- 'Islamic State': Raqqa's loss seals rapid rise and fall
- 'You can be part of the problem, or you can be part of the solution': Paul Ryan serves up some fatherly advice as he says U.S. is 'running out of time' over economy
High praise for Barack Obama's national security team have 334 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at December 1, 2008. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.