One of the best ways to survive the recession is to gain new skills, and to choose those which are in high demand. But if you are threatened with job loss, how can you afford to study? There are many different ways in which you can gain new skills and knowledge and they don’t all have to cost a fortune. The best ways to study can sometimes be free.The first thing you should do is to talk to your boss about training. A recent report based on research in the UK came to the conclusion that rather than cutting their training budgets during the recession, employers would be well advised to invest in training for their staff, as this increases retention rates. (timesonline.co.uk, 2 Nov 2008) This cuts down on expensive recruitment costs and can make staff more efficient so that they actually save the company money. So unless the organization you work for is in imminent danger of closure or bankruptcy, it could be worth talking to your employer. Do some background research first to build a good case for yourself.If you can’t get funding from your boss, think about online learning. Distance learning has changed many lives for… Read full this story
- Outgoing Australia netball coach Lisa Alexander reflects on her plans after the Diamonds job
- Vocational degrees are best route to highly skilled jobs, study finds
- How to turn Britain’s universities into comprehensives
- Law students say they don't get mental health treatment for fear it will keep them from becoming lawyers. Some states are trying to change that
- Speed kills: are police chases out of control?
- 'I wouldn't be the refugee, I'd be the girl who kicked ass': how taekwondo made me
- Manufacturing: Understanding the importance of Oil and Gas Free Zones
- Trump May Be Crude, but Baltimore Really Is Spiraling—That's Why I Left | Opinion
- Horoscope Today: Astrological prediction for February 18, what’s in store for Leo, Virgo, Scorpio, Sagittarius and other zodiac signs
- Horoscope Today: Astrological prediction for February 18, what’s in store for Aquarius, Capricorn, Aries, Leo and other zodiac signs
Best Ways to Study to Improve Your Job Prospects have 344 words, post on ezinearticles.com at December 2, 2008. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.