You may be concerned about the rising crime rate in your area and are considering buying a home security system. However, you may question whether buying a full system is ideal for a smaller area such as an apartment. Consider the facts and speculations.The facts show that crime is rising. The National Crime Prevention Council shows that apartments are 85% more likely to be victimized by burglaries than traditional homes. Surprising, isn’t it? How can that be? It is probably because apartment-dwellers don’t buy a home security system in the first place. They assume that apartments are safer because they are smaller in area and that the community will make sure that crime is reported. (You know what they say about people who assume…)Not a good idea, since burglars hear the same thing and thus take advantage of apartment dwellers that hope for the best only to find out the worst. As an apartment renter you may be burglarized by fellow tenants or targeted by local criminals who know your complex to be of low security. There have even been court cases involving apartment maintenance men who have attacked tenants. While you hope that your apartment is one of the… Read full this story
- Best home security systems of 2019 (plus DIY kits, video doorbells and more)
- BitDefender Total Security 2008
- Industry Insight: Collaboration Tools: The Next Great Security Risk
- DIY security versus the CNET Smart Home
- Spector 360
- Will certification legitimize adware?
- New to the Criterion Collection,
- Luxurious kid-centered home in Sarasota is ready for a new family
- As Homelessness Surges in California, So Does a Backlash
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 22
Is it Practical to Install a Security System in an Apartment? have 269 words, post on ezinearticles.com at November 24, 2008. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.