When I was little, I always wondered what sharing things and being close to my mom would be like. For most of my young life, my natural mother was immersed in drinking alcohol. She wasn’t able to relate to a young daughter, and the end result was that she missed out on most of my growing pains and steps into adulthood. She passed away before I really got to know her as a person instead of a woman that was so unhappy that she turned to the bottle to cope with her troubles. As much as the lack of her companionship and affection hurt me, I have never held that against her.Two years after the death of my natural mother, I met a woman that was thirty years my senior. We became very close friends. She adopted me as her daughter, and I adopted her as my second mother. We shared so much over the next 28 years, and truly became mother and daughter. She was there to see me through my twenty-first birthday; when most kids celebrate this particular birthday in a bar or with their friends, I spent mine sitting on the couch across from mom talking about… Read full this story
- Riverdale says goodbye to Luke Perry's character in new season four trailer... seven months after his death: 'Fred Andrews will always be a part of Riverdale'
- 1976 Chowchilla bus kidnapping survivors relive their terrifying ordeal
- Riverdale pays homage to the late Luke Perry and reveals how Shannen Doherty's mystery character ties into Fred Andrews' fate
- First comes the NLDS, then comes ... a baby? Inside Daniel Hudson's life-altering weekend
- Dora And The Lost City Of Gold's Isabela Moner changes her name to honor her late grandmother
- Fashion's LaQuan Smith embraces that Champagne lifestyle
- Stylish Maternity Clothes
- Why You Should Invest in a Wireless Home Stereo System
- Does Your Marketing Feel As Effective As a Dead Horse?
- Summer Camp…Homesick and Happy!
Saying Goodbye to Mom have 317 words, post on ezinearticles.com at October 31, 2008. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.