You’ve been invited to a dinner and as you enter the room, the first thing you see is a table that appears to go on forever, draped and skirted in plain white linen, several stainless steel chafing dishes huddled side by side atop a drab lifeless, absence-of-color buffet except for the “decorations” of green foliage that resemble the weeds in your backyard. You think to yourself, “What an ugly table. It’s going to take forever to get through the line and I bet the food isn’t any good either so why bother”! Instead of looking for your seat; you look for the door.”The design of the table and the food goes hand in hand,” said Ken Stewart, Banquet Manager at the Riviera Hotel in Las Vegas. “When you walk up to a buffet, it’s a lot like window shopping. It should capture your attention and make your mouth water; so much so that you can’t wait to dig in. Perception is reality. If the table looks good, the food looks good; therefore, it must taste good.” As the old adage goes, “You never get a second chance to make a first impression; this is especially true in the food service… Read full this story
- Robert Escobar claiming to sell 'gold-plated' iPhone 11 Pro at $499
- The Property Brothers' Worst Design Fails: What Went Wrong?
- 2021 Mercedes E-Class Coupe, Cabriolet Videos Show The Updated Design
- Customized Ford Ranger By Carlex Design Looks Ready To Go Off-Road
- Interior design is a human right, not a luxury
- Shilpa Shetty's Home Is A Perfect Blend Of Comfort & Luxury; Let's Step Inside Her Abode! [PICS]
- Toby Carvery fans won’t be able to serve themselves at buffets when it reopens
- No breakfast buffet and sanitising fog machines: a night in a post-lockdown London hotel
- Beer we go! Britons race to book tables at their local as pubs are given the go-ahead to reopen on July 4 - while nightclubs will remain shut
- Mum creates a simple ‘treat plate’ to get her ‘fussy eater’ son to try new food – and you can grab one from B&M for £6
Designing the Buffet Table - Step Up to the Plate have 348 words, post on ezinearticles.com at October 31, 2008. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.