HISTORY IN THE MAKINGThe Breeders Cup will make history in 2008 when it is hosted for the first time on a synthetic surface. The honor goes to Santa Anita Park and its new Pro-Ride track, which replaces a controversial Cushion Track. Synthetic, or engineered, tracks are not popular among all horsemen, and in fact have as many detractors as proponents. Nick Zito is among the most vocal and respected detractors. Zito argues that the rich tradition of dirt racing is what powers the engine of the racing industry. Supporters of synthetic racing surfaces cite statistics indicating a reduction in catastrophic injuries. This debate is, I am afraid, in its infancy, but it won’t slow down the momentum leading up to Breeders Cup 2008.Breeders Cup 2008 is a two-day extravaganza beginning Friday, October 24 with five Breeders Cup races featuring the Distaff Division. And nine more Breeders Cup races, including the Breeders Cup Turf and the Breeders Cup Classic, are scheduled for Saturday, October 25. There are a total of six races on turf and eight on Pro-Ride (synthetic) during the Breeders Cup weekend at Santa Anita.WHAT ARE RACE TRACKS MADE OF?It used to be the case that a racing surface… Read full this story
- Breeders' Cup: Arc heroine Enable eyes Churchill Downs triumph
- How do you dress for Breeders' Cup? First, leave the crazy in the closet
- Replay: How to dress for the 2018 Breeders' Cup
- Accelerate tops entries for 14-horse Breeders' Cup Classic
- Game Winner takes charge late to win Breeders Cup Juvenile
- Breeders' Cup bumped up to 14 races, $30 million in purses
- Travers winner Code of Honor wins Gold Cup via DQ
- Cleaning Up at the Breeders'
- Dubai ruler Sheikh Mohammed is finally a Melbourne Cup winner
- FIFA World Cup 2018: France ready for Belgium's tactical surprises, says coach
Ready Or Not - The First Breeders Cup on a Synthetic Track have 288 words, post on ezinearticles.com at September 18, 2008. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.