While “Mademoiselle” Chanel herself may have created her famous No.5, which is still among the world’s most famous perfumes, that age is well and truly gone. Today, creating a “liquor” is the prerogative of a handful of inventors particularly skilled at handling essences: they are known as “noses”.It is not a profession that comes with a diploma since, above all, it requires a love of and a gift for fragrances as well as many years of apprenticeship not to mention the fact that a “nose” does not smoke and avoids anything and everything that might ruin his or her talent. After all, these rare experts (who can be counted on the fingers of both hands) must be capable not only of finding their way through a range of several thousand fragrances but also of blending them successfully.To create a perfume, you need to blend several dozen essences and choose what specialists refer to as the “key note” (the fragrance that is instantly perceptible), the “core note” (which gives the perfume its character) and the “basic note” (which holds the entire structure together). The perfume is created by mixing notes that are fruity or tart, woody, flowery or sensual. Some of… Read full this story
- BAN COLOGNE
- A Whiff on the Wild Side: Confessions of a Vintage Perfume Addict
- ‘A triumph over nature’: perfume in the age of decadence – Catherine Maxwell
- Smells Like Tea: Stormy Daniels Just Launched a New Perfume. It's Called 'Truth'
- Chanel Develops Durable, Low-Cost Perfume For Third World
- Phlur Makes Finding Your Signature Scent As Unobtrusive
- Most of Trump’s merchandising empire has faded
- Sexy gift guide: 14 risque presents you would actually buy
- Five ways to protect your voice in winter weather
- 7 seater cars you can buy under Rs 10 lakh in India
Popular Perfume and Benefits of Wearing Discount Perfume Or Cologne have 291 words, post on ezinearticles.com at September 19, 2008. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.