ST. PAUL, Minn. – Republicans hurried to turn the opening day of their national convention into a fundraising drive for hurricane victims, with presidential candidate John McCain’s wife and first lady Laura Bush appealing for Gulf Coast help. McCain visited a disaster relief center in Ohio. Party officials in St. Paul kept a watchful eye on still-dangerous Hurricane Gustav Monday to decide next steps for their shortened convention. They said they still expected McCain to address the convention at Thursday night’s finale. Meanwhile, GOP vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin and her husband, Todd, said in a statement that their 17-year-old unmarried daughter was five months pregnant. The campaign said the announcement was made to rebut Internet rumors that Palin’s youngest son, born in April, was actually her daughter’s. CLICK FOR MORE INFORMATIONMcCain’s wife, Cindy, and Mrs. Bush were expected to address the abbreviated convention session on relief efforts. Mrs. Bush told Texas delegates she and Cindy McCain would talk about “what people around the country, as well as the people here — the delegates here — can do to help specific states.” President Bush, whose administration was widely accused of a botched handling of the Katrina disaster three years ago,… Read full this story
- Student Financial Aid - Paying For College
- Ten Ways Your Family Can Help Hurricane Victims
- The Pros and Cons of Hearing Aids
- Alternative Weather Forecasts and Hurricane Season 2007
- How A Hurricane Became A Healing Experience
- Hurricane Katrina: No Match for Hurricane C
- A Hurricane is Coming, How Do I Prepare?
- Conventional Sleeping Aids Create More Sleep Disturbances Than They Eliminate
- Your Hurricane Claim Settlement - The Second Storm!
- Different from Conventional Advertising : How different from Internet Marketing-Advertising
GOP convention turns to appeal for hurricane aid have 277 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at September 1, 2008. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.