Dubai’s Dramatic Transformation: A Front Row SeatIn 2000, I arrived in Dubai the morning after Ramadan had started. There were giant photos welcoming their much beloved leader H. H. Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan back to the United Arab Emirates. (He was returning from having a kidney transplant in the USA.) Dubai was beautifully decorated with the same lights we use for Christmas trees in the west, however this was for Ramadan. This created a dreamlike quality and I remember thinking “A futuristic Arabian Nights fantasy.”My first trip to Dubai was short. It was just a few glorious days of truly memorable experiences including my first desert safari and an enchanting Dhow dinner cruise on the Dubai Creek. I was mesmerized by the view as I floated past the Dubai Heritage Village while nibbling on chocolate delicacies. I was certain it was so certain that this was a dream that I kept pinching myself. After I returned to Canada, I never stopped talking about my incredible journey.One incident that stands out in my mind happened after a riding lesson at the Dubai Polo Club. I relaxed and watched some polo. When I was ready to leave, I went to… Read full this story
- Travel plan for cyclists at school in Bedford wins award
- Connolly’s quantum leap to upset Ireland’s time travel plans?
- Leicester City change travel plans for Cardiff City clash
- Atletico Madrid change their travel plans for Dortmund
- Diwali travel bookings see up to 12% increase
- Tourists visiting Dubai must now complete new online form detailing medication they carry – or risk prison
- London nurse dies on holiday after falling ill on flight to Dubai
- Family of British nurse who died on Dubai holiday forced to fundraise to bring body home
- Emirates introducing 'biometric path' passenger system at Dubai International Airport
- 15th International Travel Expo Ho Chi Minh City to open next week
Dubai - Incentive Travel Planning have 310 words, post on ezinearticles.com at August 18, 2008. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.