I told God that I needed a counselor, someone I could talk to who could relate to me and my problems and understand what it’s like to be a divorced, single parent of two teenagers, with over one hundred thousand dollars in student loan debt. I told God to send a counselor who can give me a fresh perspective and insight on how I can reach the next phase of my life goals and dreams without feeling angry, stuck, depressed and bitter. I told God to make sure that this person is wise, smart, compassionate, down-to-earth, and sincere; and most importantly God; I told Him-make sure that my counselor is an African American woman. Yes. I reminded God that He is in heaven and He doesn’t have the opportunity to come down to earth much-but race and gender matters here on earth where I come from– and I need someone who knows what it feels like to be a big, dark-brown, woman in a society that values small, petite and white skin. God, I need someone who could understand what it feels like to be a minority from a working class family in a racist, white male dominated society.I called… Read full this story
- Ursula von der Leyen confirmed as EU president
- Ursula von der Leyen confirmed as EC president
- Belarus president about conflict in Ukraine: Someone needs it
- Cannes 2019 preview: Horror, Hollywood and the Hand of God
- 'Half man, half god' Maradona is king of Cannes
- China intensifies its crackdown of the Church of Almighty God
- Armenia president addresses nation
- Murder accused left messages 'from God'
- URGENT: Supreme Judicial Council President resigns
- Greek president welcomes new archbishop of America
God For President have 274 words, post on ezinearticles.com at July 16, 2008. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.