- Internet Day celebrates growth of online usage in Viet Nam
- New tour linking Viet Nam, Thailand, Laos under discussion
- Shared culture links Viet Nam and Sri Lanka
- Viet Nam national team to play friendly with Ha Noi T&T
- The Minister of the MOCST Hoang Tuan Anh works with Viet Nam National Administration of Tourism
Beginning June 22, a submarine fiber optic cable will link Viet Nam to other nations through Vung Tau, a city 130 km southeast of Ho Chi Minh City, according to an announcement by Electricity Vietnam’s telecom.
The company has spent US$30 million on the cable. The system’s initial transmission capacity will be 50 Gbps, said Nguyen Manh Bang, the company’s director.
The project’s owner is Tata Communications, a leading provider of high tech communications. The US$200 million cable will link Viet Nam with Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, and the Philippines.
The transmission capacity will be 3.84 Tbip per second, 12 times faster than Viet Nam’s current international cable.
Submarine Fiber Optic Cable Links Viet Nam to Other Nations have 115 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at 2008-06-16 17:56:33. This is cached page on Viet Maz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.