Marriage is rarely an easy journey. Most marriages go through periods of struggles. It may be that things are strained because of finances or differences in raising the children. When couples don’t face those conflicts head on it can often lead to resentment and if nothing is done, the relationship can eventually fall apart. If you are aware of the signs of marriage trouble you can recognize them and then take the precautions needed to help save your relationship before it’s too late.
When you take your spouse for granted or you feel he or she is taking you for granted that’s one of the signs of marriage trouble. It’s easy to fall into a routine and to not be as appreciative or as helpful as you once were. The reason this quickly turns into a serious problem is that the partner who feels taken for granted will also feel resentment towards their spouse. Quite often with resentment comes a great deal of anger.
Another of the warning signs of marriage trouble that can’t be ignored is a dramatic shift in your intimate life. When most of us are first married we can’t keep our hands off each other. That does change over time but if you both seem okay with it, that’s a sign that something is missing from the marriage. It can be difficult to feel physically close to someone if you don’t feel emotionally close to them. A lack of intimacy is usually a sign that there is a problem with the couple connecting emotionally.
One of the warning signs of marriage trouble that may people don’t pay enough attention to is if the partners begin to live separate lives. This usually occurs if one decides to take a trip without the other. It may be something as simple as one partner going to visit their parents. If the other partner makes an excuse not to go, that’s not a good sign. People who are committed to one another, want to share life experiences with each other.
Arguments are often viewed as one of the more obvious signs that a marriage could be headed for divorce. The opposite may be true as well. If you would rather not talk about difficult issues with your spouse because you know it will result in a confrontation, this isn’t a good sign. Communication, whether it’s about something simple or complicated, is essential for a healthy, happy marriage. Don’t ignore this warning sign if you want to save your relationship.
- 20 Dark Secrets About Justin Timberlake And Jessica Biel’s Marriage
- Tony Perkins Battles Ted Olsen on Gay Marriage: Courts Imposing ‘One-Size-Fits-All Marriage Scheme’
- Fall TV's Season of Firings, Recastings and Showrunner Swaps: "It's Bad Marriages"
- Davina McCall reveals she ‘can deal with anything’ following marriage split and is ‘in a good place’
- Blu-ray Review: Criterion's SCENES FROM A MARRIAGE Has It Both Ways
- Matching tattoos, pod marriages and strictly no sex: How renters in LA and San Francisco are opting to live in communal pods - and shelving out $1200 a month for the latest trend
- Does the Glass Shyamalan Twist Connect to Signs or The Sixth Sense?
- 8 Travel Safety Tips You Probably Ignore (But Shouldn't)
- Signs and symptoms of heart failure you should never, ever ignore
- Andrew Sullivan Calls Out Catholics: If You’re Okay With Divorce, Gay Marriage Shouldn’t Be A Problem For You