INTRODUCTIONThe library has become “a place entrusted with the acquisition, organization, preservation, storage, retrieval and dissemination of information in whatever format it might appear” (Olanlokun and Salisu 1993, ix). West Africa Theological Seminary Library is at the crossroad. The traditional library practices and modern technological advances must be developed and embraced if it is to be relevant in this information age. It is a very high price which must be paid otherwise the library will eventually become like the legendary character who slept for twenty years at Gasgill Mountain in Gulliver’s Travels and eventually woke up to find the world completely changed.BRIEF HISTORY OF WEST AFRICA THEOLOGICAL SEMINARYThe history of the above seminary could be realistically traced to the historic visitation by two American missionaries (Rev. Dr. and Rev. Mrs. Gary Maxey) who led a group of Nigerian and expatriate Christians to Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria in April 1989. (The Maxeys had initially worked creditably in religious education in Port Harcourt for seven years). The establishment of the seminary in 1989 was a practical demonstration of the need to actively participate in the training of pastors, evangelists, missionaries and teachers not only in Nigeria but also in other parts of… Read full this story
- The reckless plot to overthrow Africa's most absurd dictator
- Governance matters: The West could learn from leaders in Africa and Asia
- Africa Needs to Invest in Developing Its Reputation and Help Educate European Audiences - PR Expert
- Palm oil: A new threat to Africa's monkeys and apes?
- The Russians Who Went West: A Lost Generation of Emigres
- How to topple a dictator: the rebel plot that freed the Gambia
- Kenya profile - Timeline
- Experts x-ray African Pentecostalism: Civic roles and corporate social responsibility
- Climate change front and center at United Nations General Assembly 2019
- Sapelo Islanders Have Survived Persecution And Slavery. Can They Survive Tourism?
Challenges Facing The Library At West Africa Theological Seminary, Affiliate Of University Of Nigeri have 300 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 14, 2008. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.