Well, it’s a morning of awards. Walker’s already dealt with the IGF , but the Developers’ Choice Awards are also interesting. It’s the award ceremony where, as the name may suggest, the winners are chosen by their peers. This abstractly leads to a slightly different picture of the industry than most awards. Abstractly, anyway. In terms of nominations, Portal and Bioshock had five a piece, with Call of Duty 4 lagging slight below with four.So, who won? Opening the red envelope…It’s Portal! Which means that the majority of developers agree with us, which makes us like them more and find them more attractive. That said, the receiver of this year’s lifetime achievement award, Sid Meier, shamefacedly admitted at GDC he hadn’t played it yet, (“It’s on my pile of games”) (and he doesn’t play strategy games at home either). Portal also picked up another couple of awards – Innovation and Design, while rival Bioshock also managed three (Writing, Sound and Visual Arts). Crysis picked up the technology award. Not strictly relevant to our mandate, but Realtime Worlds picked up best debut for their 360 open-world action game Crackdown, which we mention as an excuse to say how much we’re looking… Read full this story
- Grant Awarded To Make New Kid's Play Zone Near North Hollywood
- Ranking the top 100 (and one) best college basketball players for 2017-18
- Mike Tollin On ESPN Docu Series ‘The Last Dance,’ A ‘Citizen Kane’ Rendering Of Michael Jordan’s Legacy
- College basketball coaching changes tracker: San Jose State opens up late
- Richard Branson warns Virgin Atlantic will collapse without £500m taxpayer-funded bailout - but offers own $100m private Caribbean island Necker as collateral
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Majority of Americans worried about reopening country too fast
- ‘Cars 3’ $53M+ Is 3rd Best For Pixar Series; ‘Wonder Woman’ Wows With $40M+; ‘All Eyez On Me’ Solid – Sunday AM Postmortem
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: March 9-11
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: March 12-13
- Coronavirus and Sport: What happened in March 2020?
Game Developers’ Choice Awards Announced have 336 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at February 21, 2008. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.