Prudential Financial undertakes enterprise mobility initiative and VoIP rollout to bring anywhere, anytime access to employees.Just about any of its 40,000 employees across the globe, the company reasons, should be able to work from home or on the road just as if they were sitting in an office chair. After all, they need “to be able to respond to customers, access information, get to critical data and communicate with people, and not necessarily from the fixed position they’ve always been sitting at,” says Jim White, a Prudential vice president and IT project leader.To meet the company’s “anytime, anywhere, anyway” goals, IT over the past year upgraded IP PBX systems and deployed new IP phones, Power-over-Ethernet switches, wireless gear and software. Doing so necessitated only a slight increase to the convergence and mobilization for all employees.The business units have been highly receptive, says Chuck Pagano, vice president of network design and engineering. “We’re starting to integrate most of our businesses into the pilots.” And, “from a recruiting and retention perspective, mobility has become a big plus in going after employees dispersed throughout the country,” he says.A few thousand users across 14 U.S. sites and five international locations are benefiting from this… Read full this story
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Ltd. shares up 1.16% as Nifty gains
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Ltd. shares down 3.77% as Nifty drops
- Can I add Invesco India Contra Fund to my mutual fund portfolio?
- Share market falls as restrictions stifle economic recovery
- ICICI Bank set to raise up to Rs 15,000 crore
- Edo South 2019 – The imperative of effective representation
- ICICI Bank planned share sale to bump up core equity capital
- JM Financial raises Rs 770 crore from investors via QIP
- Non-industrial nations risk losing a decade of growth, says Raghuram Rajan
- The Perils of ‘With Us or Against Us’
Prudential on the go have 299 words, post on www.networkworld.com at November 26, 2007. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.