The price tag for IT and communications at the world’s biggest sporting event will run to around $400 million and use the expertise of thousands of IT managers and engineers.Live testing has already started on systems for the 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Beijing, which officially run from Aug. 8-24.”To reduce risk, there will be a lot of tests before the games,” said Hou Xinyi, deputy director of the technology department at the Beijing Organizing Committee for the Games of the XXIX Olympiad, which has taken the acronym, BOCOG.The IT systems for rowing and canoeing events that will be used for Olympics were used last week for another event. The 2007 FISA World Rowing Junior Championships, which ran from Aug. 8-11, went off without a hitch.”All the IT systems worked smoothly,” said Hou.Testing is key to the success of the IT systems during the games. Each sport, from archery to basketball to sailing and weight lifting is allocated its own set of IT gear, and each of those systems will be tested between now and the start of the games.Atos Origin was responsible for building the IT systems at the past few Olympic Games and is responsible for the design, build,… Read full this story
- China’s outbound travel expected to drop during Beijing Olympic Games
- Beijing hotel prices to rise 6% before 2008 Olympic Games
- China`s aviation industry under Olympic Games pressure
- NBC Secures Olympic Games Broadcast Rights Through 2032 for $7.65 Billion
- What could Olympic Games mean for Tokyo ?
- Meet PyeongChang, the Host City of the 2018 Winter Olympic Games
- STB sees great potential from Youth Olympic Games
- The Who close the London 2012 Olympics Games
- Wildly successful 'Hunger Games' earns $155 million
- Amazon's Lord of the Rings TV Series Could Cost $500 Million+
IT at Beijing Olympic Games to cost $400 million have 285 words, post on www.infoworld.com at August 15, 2007. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.