We are so pleased to have with us Christy Lowry, all the way from Anchorage, Alaska, speaking with us today. She shares her incredible journey of experiencing the death of her daughter, the grieving process, and the healing that occurred.Irene: Your book “PAM: Life Beyond Death; Joy Beyond Grief” is dear to your heart. Please tell us a little about this book.Christy: “PAM” first recounts our family’s experience just prior to, and following, the death of our daughter in an auto-pedestrian accident the first day of school. Chapter One invites the reader into our lives by sharing who we were as a family the day we lost her. Describing the accident, how we each found out about it, and our initial, very individual reactions, created that common meeting ground–the human condition–and point of bonding grievers and readers both need so they can relate to each other.Chapter Two, while opening with our family poised on the brink of despair and loss, contrasts sharply with those earliest dark days by moving quickly into the miraculous, awesome events that are the meat of “PAM.” By sharing one of life’s worst experiences, losing a child, I in effect invite the reader to walk with… Read full this story
- Ruskin Bond 86th Birthday: Of simplicity, life in the mountains and solitude
- 4 Questions Raised by the Deaths of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile
- Lenny Pozner Used to Believe in Conspiracy Theories. Until His Son’s Death Became One.
- Connolly on the couch
- 31 Terrific Books Recommended By 31 Terrific Writers
- A suicide in Gaza
- JAN MOIR: Hey, Steve Coogan, get down off that moral high ground!
- Real Romance, Casting What-Ifs and Penis Problems: 20 Secrets From
- The King James Bible reconsidered
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Americans venture out as officials pin future on vaccine
Interview with Christy Lowry, author of "PAM, Life Beyond Death; Joy Beyond Grief" have 302 words, post on ezinearticles.com at March 9, 2006. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.