III. ALAN KEYES:Alan Keyes is a Maryland resident and former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Social and Economic Council under Ronald Reagan. He earned a Ph.D. in government affairs from Harvard in 1979 and is also the host the radio call-in show, “America’s Wake-Up Call: The Alan Keyes Show.” He launched his first bid for the Senate in 1988, But lost to incumbent Democrat Paul Sarbanes. In 1992 he ran again, this time losing to Democrat Barbara Mikulski. During this campaign Keyes ran up still un[paid campaign debts while he paid himself a salary of $100,000 out of campaign funds. He counters that the debt is that of his campaign and that he is personally not responsible for it.Though he has sought the GOP Presidential nomination twice before and is quite charismatic, Keyes is also enigmatic and in some circles considered an “extremist.” Another issue of concern is whether or not Keyes can be a “loyal” Republican, as it was reported by the Washington Post in 1992 that Keyes called the party “racist”, adding “Beyond a certain level blacks need not apply…If I can work out in the fields, I think I ought to be allowed to come into… Read full this story
- Trump, GOP aim to complete reshaping of federal judiciary
- Sarah Palin Blasts Obama Book Tying Her to 'Anti-Intellectuals,' Says GOP Dislikes Trump, 'Never Liked Me'
- Trump keeps tight grip on GOP amid divisions
- There is a shift in global trade. But 2020 is not 1930 or 2008 | Analytics
- 'Never Trumpers' Admit Trump Has Taken Over GOP, But They're Staying To Fight
- GOP senators turn on Trump: Mitt Romney lashes out at bid to overturn Michigan vote while Joni Ernst blasts president's lawyer for suggesting Republicans and Democrats 'paid to have elections fixed'
- Romney undecided on authorizing subpoenas for GOP Obama-era probes
- Former Presidential Candidate Bob Dole Calls Debate Commission Biased as GOP Members Don't Support Trump
- Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein lists 21 GOP senators who have 'privately' expressed their 'extreme contempt' for Donald Trump
- GOP Stimulus Bill Criticized for Denying Hazard Pay to Essential Workers
The GOP In 2008: Overview and Analysis (Second of three parts) have 339 words, post on ezinearticles.com at November 23, 2005. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.