In the context that bird flu has shown complicated developments, preventive measures with great efforts are urgent, said Deputy Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung in a meeting with relevant ministries and sectors on November 26. The meeting aimed to define unified measures to prevent bird flu from transmitting to human. Mr Nguyen Tan Dung stressed such measures as enhancing communications, and halting in developing poultry while preserving breeding poultry. In order to prevent an epidemic, vaccination for poultry is important. The transport and consumption of poultry without quarantine are strictly banned. So is the raising of poultry in cities. Poultry will be gradually raised in big farms, instead of current sparse raising method, far from residential areas. The slaughter is carried out under the check of veterinary workers. Bordergates will also be kept close eyes on. According to the latest report by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, 290 households in 174 communes and towns in 22 provinces and cities have poultry infected by H5N1. Hanoi, Bac Lieu and Dong Thap are the first three provinces and cities that have put the spread under control and have seen no new signs of bird flu. So far, more than 156…
- Emergency crews brace for firestorm conditions
- PM accused of cover-up over report on Russian meddling in UK politics
- Crumbling dam is still at 'CRITICAL' risk of bursting: Hundreds face being homeless until next week after police warn people to stay out of Whaley Bridge due to 'substantial' threat to life despite RAF heroics
- Putin signs treaty to annex Crimea as Ukraine authorises use of force
- How the White Island eruption unfolded
- Jeremy Corbyn's plea in final election interview - as he reveals first act as PM
Prevention is urgent, says Deputy Prime Minister have 277 words, post on at November 27, 2005. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.