When my son was in nursery school he raised his hand to get his teacher’s attention.”Yes, Daniel?”Daniel pointed to the word “Conneticut” written on the blackboard and said, “You spelled Connecticut wrong.” She looked at the board and realized he was right.”Daniel, how did you know it was wrong?” asked the perplexed teacher.”It’s because I have a young and powerful brain!” Daniel triumphantly replied.His teacher contacted me by phone shortly thereafter, told me what Daniel had said, and asked me how he could possibly know about the misspelled word.”I told her that when he was almost two years old, I started to teach him how to read.She was full of more questions. “Why did you bother to teach him to read? Surely he would have learned how to read in school at the developmentally appropriate age.”I had no idea what she meant by a developmentally appropriate age. All I knew is that Daniel turned into a superb reader so he must have been ready to read. “Maybe yes, maybe no,” I replied. As I see things, reading is too crucial for his success in school and in life to leave to chance. That’s why I did the job myself. His… Read full this story
- This 13-year-old got to play golf with Rory McIlroy and he absolutely nailed it
- A seven-year-old boy with a rare condition can finally ride a bike
- 74-year-old aneurysm survivor completes charity cycle
- Disgraced carer, 23, stole from 81-year-old dementia sufferer to buy iTunes apps and fund gambling habit
- Skydiving 89-year-old raises £2,500 and plans to do it again
- Worcester Legends: Community stalwart and carer to her 99-year-old mum, Marilyn Furlong is 'very worthy'
- 7-year-old greyhound which hated racing lands a role in Hollywood blockbuster
- Two-year-old Sophia continues fight having undergone five major heart surgeries
- Mother of seven-year-old who was put in handcuffs calls incident 'police abuse'
- WARNING: Man 'tries to lure 10-year-old schoolgirl into his car' in Beckenham
My Two Year Old Got Hooked On Phonics have 324 words, post on ezinearticles.com at November 7, 2005. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.