Accordingly, there’s no shortage of compliance tools swimming around in the security marketplace. BindView, Citicus, Consul, Intellitactics and Preventsys—software vendors that describe their products in broad variety of categories (risk man-agement, threat analysis, policy tools, security information management and many more)&mdas;all feature compliance heavily in their marketing materials. There are also vendors focused directly on regulatory issues. Logical Apps makes a product called Compliance for Oracle that enforces controls such as segregation of duties within financial applications so that, for example, the same user cannot access both accounts receivable and accounts payable. Virsa Systems offers a suite called Confident Compliance with a similar module for SAP systems. Even biometrics and identity management vendors are pitching their wares as compliance-focused.Updates on compliance toolsThe ERP security challengeFirewall audit toolsDigital forensics toolsDirectory of security laws, regs and guidelinesMany users say these tools can help. Codan Forsikring, a Danish insurance company, uses Consul’s software to winnow actionable information about system events and user behavior out of lengthy event logs generated by the company’s systems. Lars Jorgenson, an information security consultant for Codan, says Consul (which offers multiple modules, each aimed at a particular regulation) also helps document his company’s information security controls, and good… Read full this story
- Banks Get Distracted by the World Cup
- Commercial profile: UCD Smurfit Executive Development programme
- Facebook has a window to self-regulate, and it's taking advantage
- Collaboration platform Clausematch, which already serves banks including Barclays, has grabbed $5m from big-name investors
- New rules in works to lift safety standards in fishing industry
- 'That was a mistake, and I’m sorry'
- Facebook’s Apology Tour Just Raises More Questions
- Seafood and marine companies gear up to navigate Brexit challenges
- Halal Banking: Int'l Watchdog to Unveil Islamic Finance Rules With IMF Approval
- The Volcker Rule Gets a Little Easier
Regulatory Compliance Tools have 299 words, post on www.csoonline.com at August 1, 2005. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.