THE MORAL OF THE STORYLou Dubose and Jan Reid’s new book, THE HAMMER, a biography on House of Representatives Majority Whip Tom DeLay, is allegedly a story of God, Money, and the Rise of the Republican Congress–and just how Tom DeLay took advantage of Newt Gingrich and fellow Texan Dick Armey’s Republican ascendancy and became himself the most powerful man in the House of Representatives. We’ll get into the “God part” a lot more than the money and political parts for now–but just to warn you, the King of Tyre (money) and the King of Babylon (political power) have a whole lot to do about this most interesting story.This is all the more fascinating now that the powerful Congressman has collected a whole lot of chips from fellow Reps. for past support and, consequently, has gotten the House GOP caucus (Nov. 18, 2004) to vote to end its rule requiring leaders to step down if indicted (which it now appears that DeLay will be for past indiscretions brought against him in Texas). The political intrigue is mounting, big time!Now, the plot of this political-religious thriller intensifies as the “moral of the story” is discovered–enter Tim LaHaye (kind of a neat… Read full this story
- The overrated Tom Brady and other commentary
- POLITICO Brussels Playbook, presented by EPP Group: Schnitzel season — Poland stand-off — Château Klaus
- Dems face big loss, big opportunity with Kavanaugh
- Biden, Sanders and other Dems vie for labor support in Philly
- Toms River: jewelry store sign mocks Route 166 construction delays
- POLITICO Playbook: What Pelosi is telling vulnerable Dems about impeachment
- Tim Allen on 'Last Man Standing's rare conservative perspective (and why no Trump)
- A disgruntled police chief, murder trial delays, downtown growth among top stories of 2018
- Dems are moving forward on impeachment — now what?
- Brexit: Where do the parties stand?
Why The Dems Can't Stand Tom Delay & Tim LaHaye have 303 words, post on ezinearticles.com at June 20, 2005. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.