The Palestinian Fatah Movement is doing whatever it can to brush up its image in the run up to this Summer’s parliamentary elections, including the appointment of young blood into the ranks. The outcome of the elections is going to be of crucial importance for the chances of peace with Israel as well as the country’s division of power. What would be the implications for a Palestine under more Islamicised rule, should Hamas achieve a much feared majority? And will the electoral map show that Islamists are on the rise mainly as a result of corruption and poverty?The happenings in Palestine are going eerily exactly according to a master plan drawn up two years ago by the murdered Hamas founder Sheikh Ahmed Yassin. This leader drew out his vision for power sharing and legitimization of the Hamas organisation, starting by condoning to a ceasefire and subsequently by readying the organization for participation in mainstream politics. Next on the plan is slowly eating away power remaining in the hands of the Fatah movement. More on the bright side; Yassin also did not exclude acceptance of a two state solution. But, his condition is nevertheless worrisome – only as an interim solution.It… Read full this story
- Delhi Elections 2020: 'Ready For Scrutiny, Have Nothing To Hide', Says CM Kejriwal
- Jharkhand Election Results 2019: JMM-Cong-RJD Alliance Set To Form Next Govt; Raghubar Das Resigns
- Atrocities on Dalits during SP's rule in UP cost us in Lok Sabha election: Mayawati
- Presidential election could stall Indiana judgeships
- Elections & Money: Leaked Video Shows Notes Being Distributed to Voters in BS Yediyurappa's 'Village'
- Palestine criticizes Israel for ignoring request to hold elections in East Jerusalem
- Yearender: Palestinians bid farewell to 2019 with frustration yet hope amid stalled peace talks with Israel, obstructed general elections
- London Is About To Elect A Muslim Mayor Who Has Defended Islamists, 9/11 Terrorists, And Who Is Endorsed By Anti-Semites
- South Carolina Democrat finally apologizes for 'white power gesture' remarks after Army and Navy personnel claim that the cadets were playing the 'circle game'
- Netanyahu faces party leadership challenge ahead of March election
Upcoming Palestinian Elections Might Put Extremists In Power have 340 words, post on ezinearticles.com at May 3, 2005. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.