Leadership is the foundation for all organizations, whether corporate, nonprofit or government. Leadership is a high calling and responsibility, upon which all else the organization is or does rests. Moreover, leadership is always top down, never bottom up.Therefore, much has been written on the subject of leadership and many writers and speakers have tried to list those attributes they believe are essential for leaders. However, most often these attempts focus upon traits that make a leader personable, affable and popular. The following six attributes are results of character and personal integrity and as such are deeply seated within those who possess them. They must be developed through self-discipline, time and pressure; they are not inherited; and cannot not feigned, at least not for long. Such attributes are the result of instruction, commitment and a deep concern for what is right, as well as for the best interests of others. They are modeled on a daily basis. Tested and proven in times of trial and adversity. Moreover, they are as precious as gold and equally rare.Attribute #1 of Leaders – Set High StandardsLeaders set high standards for themselves and those who follow. I am reminded of leaders like Booker T. Washington,… Read full this story
- 5 Leadership Lessons from Elon Musk: Don’t Wing It
- On This World AIDS Day, Where Do We Go From Here?
- Florida's Racist Past Helped Kill Trayvon
- How America Built the Racial Wealth Gap
- How to Raise a Model Minority
- Telstra FY18 profit down by AU$345m ahead of nationwide 5G launch
- Good to Great
- Built to Flip – Where Do You Come Down?
- 20 Tools for Creating Visuals for Your Blog and Social Media
- 6 DoubleClick for Publishers Case Studies to Learn From
The Six Essential Leadership Attributes have 278 words, post on ezinearticles.com at April 26, 2005. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.