PREPARATIONS are underway to deal with a possible anti-dumping suit against Vietnamese shrimp exports to the US, local officials say. General secretary of the Vietnam Association of Seafood Exporters and Producers (VASEP), Nguyen Huu Dung, said he was still not clear about when the suit would be filed, but recent news reports suggested that the Southern Shrimp Alliance would file the application on December 30. “No one knows when the US shrimp lobby will file the application, but their determination to proceed with the case is clear,” Dung said.Rumour has it that the Southern Shrimp Alliance and Louisiana Shrimp Alliance have threatened to take action against shrimp imports from countries such as China, Vietnam, Thailand, India and Ecuador. Dung said VASEP had been working with the possibility of such a case in mind, lecturing businesses about US anti-dumping laws, studying the US shrimp industry’s advantages and disadvantages and formulating arguments to prove local exporters had not undercut prices.He estimated that Vietnam would need between $1.2 and $1.5 million to proceed with the case, with funds to be raised from local shrimp exporters.Dung said the shrimp committee, which was established a few months ago to deal with the case, was selecting… Read full this story
- The Anti-Aging, Anti-Oxidant, Anti-Toxin Breakthrough That Could Change Your Life
- An Honest Organic Night Anti-Aging Cream Review
- Anti Aging Centre - Dr Oz & Oprah's Guide For Living Longer
- Anti Aging Foods You Can Grow!
- Top Rated Anti Wrinkle Creams Can Sometimes Flunk Too!
- Free Trials of Anti Aging Wrinkle Creams
- Center For Anti Aging Medicine Facts You Must Know
- Anti-Wrinkle Serums 101
- Benefits of Using Anti Wrinkle Cream Products
- Anti Aging Medicine Can Do the Job, If You Are Able to Select the Right Ones
Shrimp farmers to take on US anti-dumping suit have 284 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at December 29, 2003. This is cached page on VietMaz. If you want remove this page, please contact us.