Phu Yen Department of Education and Training has issued a guiding document on French teaching (second foreign language) in high schools in 2013-2014 school year.
Accordingly, in the province only Luong Van Chanh gifted high school, the high schools of Nguyen Hue, Ngo Gia Tu, Tran Quoc Tuan, Le Trung Kien, Le Hong Phong have French lessons (second foreign language), with the participation of nearly 1,000 students. The Department of Education and Training requires these high schools to continue teaching French (second foreign language) in the classes learning French for the 2012-2013 school year to the end of the course. The high schools of Luong Van Chanh, Nguyen Hue, Ngo Gia Tu continue teaching this course from grade 10 to all top-level classes if the schools have teachers of French. The teaching frequecy is 2 lessons/week. As for the curriculum, schools use the ADO book set for all 3 school years, including 2 books-students’ books and workbooks (with price of 65,000 dongs).
- German president's visit helps mould ties
- Vietnam, Germany hold bilateral talks
- State President Tran Duc Luong receives Secretary General Abdou Diouf of the International Organisation of Francophone Nations
- Concentrate on removing obstacles for fishermen
- Propose for a support of 2.6 billion dongs against drought for rice rescue
The schools evaluate and grade French subject (second forein language) as a formal discipline. Calculation of subject average score is stated in Circular 58 of the Ministry of Education and Training.
Source: Phu Yen Newspaper
Translated by TRONG HAO